The Spartanburg operation is a state-of-the-art coffee roasting and pod packaging facility in addition to hosting a full beverage distribution center. Spartanburg is the largest KDRP manufacturing and distribution location. The site will operate on the foundational principles of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance); leverage the principles of Lean manufacturing and harness the power of High Performance Teams. All associates at the Spartanburg site will have accountability to both a functional business unit in addition to the full site operation. The site will run on first-in-class enterprise IT and manufacturing execution systems with highly automated processing, packaging, and material movement equipment.
As a Maintenance Technician III, you are responsible for installing, modifying, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, rebuilding, and dismantling all types of complex manufacturing and support equipment. Working within a highly automated TPM-based environment, you will be involved in work of a varied nature with minimal supervision, to maintain physical assets in a condition desired by management and in compliance with industry standards and government regulations. This role will have a heavy emphasis in Automation and Controls. Working in a High Performing Team-based environment, you will be looked upon to train, mentor, and guide the work of less experienced technicians within your group.
There will be a potential for domestic and international travel during the training period. The plant is a 24/7 operation, working a 12-hour shift schedule, with crews dedicated to either days or nights.
· Diagnose, plan, & perform all operations necessary to install, modify, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, rebuild, & dismantle various types of complex manufacturing & support equipment with special focus on advanced troubleshooting on control systems, servo drives, motors, HMIs, & PLCs on complex high speed packaging lines
· Perform preventive maintenance & other proactive activities to monitor & maintain equipment condition
· Coordinate with other technicians, production personnel, engineering, management, & other stakeholders to communicate & plan maintenance activities
· Coordinate with equipment/service vendors for technical assistance
· Maintain safe, clean, & well-organized work areas
· Comply with regulatory, Keurig Dr Pepper, & departmental policies, procedures, & standards (especially safety)
· Assist other maintenance technicians as priorities dictate, time allows, or directed.
· Identify opportunities for maintenance or process improvement & drive recommendations to implementationor resolution
· Complete or assist with special projects as directed
· Perform other duties as requested by management
· Associates degree in electrical engineering and or equivalent experience is preferred
· 7 years’ experience maintaining, troubleshooting, & repairing mechanical & electrical/controls/PLC systems (Allen-Bradley systems experience preferred, including, but not limited to, the Rockwell FactoryTalk suite of software, Logix platform, & proficient understanding of Allen-Bradley)
· Experience with variable speed & servo drive programming & function (prefer Allen-Bradley)
· Experience with robotic control systems (prefer GE-Fanuc)
· Ability to read, understand, & follow complex instructions, prints, & schematics
· Ability to obtain operator certification on designated equipment
· Demonstrated advanced mechanical/electrical skills (PLC troubleshooting and Robotics skills preferred).
· Ability to read and understand complex instructions, prints, flowchart, block diagram, and schematics. Ability to competently use and understand precision testing and diagnostic equipment.
· Safety conscious and have the ability to perform in an emergency setting.
· Computer knowledge of Microsoft applications and PeopleSoft.
· Knowledge of inventory control systems.
· Flexible, self-motivated team player with the ability to follow direction and at times work independently.
· Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
· Ability to lift up to 100 pounds on a frequent basis.
· Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift.
· Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions.
· Ability to spend significant time standing on the manufacturing floor with some frequency of computer work
Keys to success in this role include skills, knowledge and behaviors in the following areas:
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.